A search for George Mackillop in a General Search, the name in inverted commas, provided the following results:
- two books - was an article written by George about Australia published in 1839 (NLA) while the other was a book - Pastoral Pioneers of Port Phillip - containing information about him (this book has been digitised and can be downloaded from the State Library of Victoria.
- correspondence - a series of letters between George Mackillop and John Clark which have been digitised and are available from University of Tasmania
- correspondence to Colonial Office in London including mention of George Mackillop (RHSV)
- map - sketch of Mr Mackillop's route in Australia - copies at NLA and SLV - also available online
- articles in newspapers
|Copy of map held at NLA|
- three books with reference to George Mackillop (NLA, SLV & Sale Library) - one has been digitised
- a photo of a memorial cairn in Omeo in recognition of George Mackillop, James McFarlane and George Prendergast (Pendergast) - Monument Australia
- archived websites - some mentioning George Mackillop
- journal articles about other George Mckillops
- newspaper articles
|Part of Frank Hurley Collection NLA|
The searches showed the variety of material available on Trove collected from many institutions and resources as well as the need to check different spelling and forms of names to locate material. They also demonstrated the need to repeat searches from time to time as new material is constantly being added.
Dear Vicki - I found this blog through GeniAus' GAGs. I just wanted to say how much I like it and congratulate on your excellent design and tagging. I'm very impressed and you have inspired me to try to be better in this are on my own blog.ReplyDelete