In 1359 John's mistress, Marie de Saint Hilaire of Hainaut gave birth to a daughter.
- Blanche (1359-c1388) married Sir Thomas Morieux (1355-1387). Sir Thomas Morieux, constable of the Tower of London died during the Castilian campaign. Blanche and Thomas had no children.
- Philippa (1360-1415) married King John I of Portugal (1357-1433)
- John (1362-1365)
- Elizabeth (1364-1426) married in 1380 John Hastings, 3rd Earl of Pembroke (1372-1389) [marriage annulled in 1383]; in 1386 John Holland 1st Duke of Exeter (1350-1400); Sir John Cornwall 1st Baron of Fanhope (c1364-1423)
- Edward (born and died 1365)
- John (1366-1367)
- Henry of Bolingbroke (1367-1413) married (c1381) Mary de Bohun (1369-1394); in 1403 Joanna of Navarre (1368-1437). Henry became Henry IV of England in 1399
- Isabel (born and died 1368)
- Catherine (1372-1418) married in 1388 King Henry III of Castile (1379-1406)
- John (1374-1375)
- John Beaufort (1373-1409) 1st Earl of Somerset in 1397 married Margaret Holland (1385-1439)
- Henry Beaufort (1375-1447) He became Bishop of Winchester
- Thomas Beaufort (1377-1427) Duke of Exeter married Margaret Neville
- Joan Beaufort (1379-1440) married in 1391 Robert Ferrers, 5th Baron Boteler and Wem (1373-1396); in 1396 Ralph Neville 1st Earl of Westmoreland (1364-1425)
Post a Comment